five things I can’t get enough of at the moment:
- a decent sourdough w/ a divine extra virgin olive oil, flakes of sea salt, freshly cracked pepper and balsamic vinegar.
- spaghetti tossed with oil, garlic, some cherry tomatoes just wilting from the heat and torn basil leaves (hell, they can be cut too, I’m not that freakin’ precious)
- my granola. OH MY. With milk, yoghurt (currently on a kick w/ Jalna’s creamy vanilla) and stewed apples or apricots.
- that King Island yoghurt. The one w/ cinnamon.
- poached eggs.
- the black hand-me-down pants from Kill
- Chef’s 4XL flannel shirt
- Chef’s nightshirt
- my new birkenstocks. with socks.
- the bed socks I bought at Woollies, that are criminally soft and comfy.
- Jasper’s laughter and incessant babbling. In sentences.
- The Killers – Hot Fuss and Sam’s Town. I think I prefer Hot Fuss.
- The latest from Powderfinger – Dream Days at the Hotel Existence.
- Oscar and Felix bouncing balls in.the.house. All.the.time. Until I confiscated them A.L.L. yesterday. Mwahahaha.
- The Wiggles. Yes, Jasper has entered their target market and is addicted.
What are your top five? In any category you wish.
That is all.
this came into my head some weeks ago and has been sitting as a draft post for weeks. It came about when I was thinking, “that’s the first time I…” (the first of which I now can’t recall. Thank you FnF*.)
- First kiss: Street party, w/ family friend of some neighbours, 16 years old
- First grope: Country Party, in a paddock w/ a guy who gave me his cousin’s name as his own, on my 18th birthday.
- First time: w/ first boyfriend who was 9 years older, 18 years old (as in I was…not him you filthy minded perverts)
- First cigarette: one of H’s Gudang Garangs during schoolies week, just shy of 18
- First joint: 19… I think, but it could have been late 18, 18 was a big catch-up year from being the good Christian girl through school
- First pregnancy: 1997-1998 (2nd 99-2000; 3rd 05; 4th 06-07)
- First job: Kmart check-out chick (although I started in women’s wear)
- First (and only) time head-hunted for a job: 1996
- First oyster: 1981 or maybe 82
- First move out of home: 1992 – to uni; 1995 – with Chef
- First repeat dream: c1979 – my family were all different sized squash balls (Dad the biggest, in decreasing size to me) and Dad always yelled at us because we could never bounce high enough
- First depressive episode: vague recollections of feeling alone, ‘sad’, inadequate and ‘different’ in Year 2, 1980
- First bullimic episode: 15yrs old, Year 8, 1986 – while on the Scarsdale Diet, the main reason I still can not stomach tinned salmon. (haha! geddit, can’t stomach it. God I crack myself up sometimes)
- First cake baked: – Year 4 I think, c1982. It was either a White Wings sultana bar cake or its cinnamon tea cake.
So what are your firsts that come to your mind instantly?