So Pip asks what we do that’s a little weird, our very own black sheep weirdisms.
Off the top of my head, here are some of mine:
- I love raw garlic, crushed into a paste w/ sea salt flakes on white bread ‘made in a factory’ (as Felix calls it) with butter
- I get a little tetchy if I have to make something without a recipe in front of me. Even if it’s something I make every other week. The only things I can make without a recipe are pancakes and roast dinners.
- Everything has its place in my fridge. The top shelf is for condiments, pickles and the like; the next shelf is all things dairy; the third shelf is for left-overs and fruit/veg that don’t fit in the fruit/veg drawer; the bottom shelf is for eggs and nuts and dried fruits. The door shelves hold condiments on the top, jams on the next one down and milk and tall bottles of sauces in the main one. The first thing I did when I got home from hospital was get the fridge in order.
- I have a photographic memory of everything that is in our pantry and where it is in the pantry.
- If it was acceptable I would wear VICKS as perfume.
- I love reorganising my house but now have children who seem to like everything being exactly where it is.
- I daydream constantly about painting each room in this house an amazing colour, with high gloss colourful doors leading you into each room. But every style guide I read says you MUST stay neutral and use colour to ‘accent’ a room.
- I like to think I am the audience for 4Corners, Australian Story, 7:30 Report, Q&A, Foreign Correspondent, Insight, Catalyst but if I have half the chance I’ll be watching Project Runway, So You Think You Can Dance, Idol, Law&Order, repeats of Seinfeld or Sex and The City instead.
- I used to really want to be a politician and now I can’t imagine anything worse. Maybe working for one could only top that as my worst nightmare now.
- I very rarely wear make-up. In fact, if you caught me wearing a coloured lip gloss that would be worth noting. I don’t have a ‘skincare regime’ either – I just wash my face with water each morning.