Things you’ve already done: bold
Things you want to do: italicize
Things you haven’t done and don’t want to – leave in plain font
1. Started your own blog. This was my first, but I’ve had six others, three are what I’d loosely call ‘active’.
2. Slept under the stars. Of course. It’s over-rated.
3. Played in a band – or musical. Hmmm, I was in various orchestras and ensembles at school and played the role of Herr Hans in Dracula Spectacular in about Year 8.
4. Visited Hawaii. Nope. No desire to whatsoever.
5. Watched a meteor shower. That sounds pretty cool.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity. Nope. That would just be silly.
7. Been to Disneyland/world. Disneyland in 1976. The big bad wolf came up and grabbed me just as we walked through the front gates so there were a lot of tears. Then, at the end of the day, when Tinkerbell flies into the castle, I made the family stand there waiting for her to come back out. She never did. More tears.
8. Climbed a mountain. Does Mt Kosciusko count?
9. Held a praying mantis. Surely a childhood right of passage.
10. Sang a solo. Briefly. At an acting course I did one school holidays. The teacher said he liked someone with guts, which I took to mean I was absolute crap.
11. Bungee jumped. Something I am more than happy to never ever do. Ever.
12. Visited Paris.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea. Wait, while I was at sea? Yes. From the shore? Oh yes.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. I used to (and still to, just don’t have the time or clean space) love doing cross-stitch.
15. Adopted a child. Hmm, I’m adopted, does that count?
16. Had food poisoning. Once. I thought I was going to die. I still can’t eat the offending food and the incident was about six years ago.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
18. Grown your own vegetables. Tomatoes, herbs, citrus.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France. Was under-whelmed.
20. Slept on an overnight train.
21. Had a pillow fight. Probably at some slumber party or other.
22. Hitchhiked. Are you kidding?
23. Taken a sick day when youâ€™re not ill.
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb. They’re not cuddly at all.
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Run a Marathon.
28. Ridden a Gondola in Venice. But I’ve been the Venice.
29. Seen a total eclipse. Didn’t we have one of those a few months ago?
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset. Oh come on.
31. Hit a home run. I played softball. I was so hopeless at it I was always put in the outfield where I could daydream about being at home reading a book.
32. Been on a cruise. No thank you.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person. I was 3 or 4. All I remember is the noise of it and being damp.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.
35. Seen an Amish community.
36. Taught yourself a new language.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person. Went to the top on the last day it was open to the public.
39. Gone rock climbing. No thank you. My brother is a rock climber and loves it. I fail to see the attraction.
40. Seen Michelangeloâ€™s David.
41. Sung karaoke. This is my idea of living hell.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt. I don’t even know what this is – I’ve seen the blowhole in Kiama hundreds of times.
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant. Ah, no.
44. Visited Africa. OH I dream of going to Africa.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
46. Been transported in an ambulance. With Oscar in the back when he was transferred from Royal North Shore to Sydney Children’s when he was 10 days old. In the front of one when they transferred Oscar from Mona Vale to Sydney Children’s with severe croup on the night of the day he turned one.
47. Had your portrait painted. Get real.
48. Gone deep sea fishing. Never. I get awfully seasick.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person. Could have stayed in there for hours.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkelling. At Byron Bay we went snorkelling off the coast. Sure, it was amazing but I got so seasick.
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theatre. I remember going with mum and dad and falling asleep in the back of uor station wagon.
55. Been in a movie. In my dreams.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business.Sort of. Badly.
58. Taken a martial arts class.
59. Visited Russia.
60. Served at a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies.
62. Gone whale watching. Does dolphin watching count?
63. Gotten flowers for no reason.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma. I’d like to but have always been pregnant, breast-feeding or some other issue.
65. Gone sky diving. I would LOVE to go sky diving.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.
67. Bounced a check. Several.
68. Flown in a helicopter. One of the most exhilarating experiences of my life.
69. Saved a favourite childhood toy. I still have my teddie…
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71. Eaten Caviar. But these things don’t move me as you would think they would.
72. Pieced a quilt. Oh how I yearn to be able to do quilting. Seriously.
73. Stood in Times Square. Again, when I was about 3-4. Got my fingers jammed in a train on the subway too and held up peak-hour services because of it apparently. Mum said my screaming silenced the whole carriage and platform.
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job. There’s still time!
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London. Again, when I was 3-4.
77. Broken a bone. My right arm. Twice.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle. Yes, around a race track. I think we got up to about 140 km/h, but it felt like 200. Another exhilarating experience.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.
80. Published a book.
81. Visited the Vatican. I have many opinions about this. As I do the decision to put spires on St Mary’s Cathedral for something like $20 million dollars when we have such poverty in our own communities let alone the world as a whole.
82. Bought a brand new car.
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper.Twice in the Sydney Morning Herald and once in the Manly Daily.
85. Read the entire Bible. I’ve tried. There are sections I have read many many times.
86. Visited the White House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. Do yabbies count?
88. Had chickenpox. No, and both my children have.
89. Saved someoneâ€™s life. Not that I wouldn’t…
90. Sat on a jury.
91. Met someone famous. Several. I have worked as a journalist remember.
92. Joined a book club. I would love to have a local book club.
93. Lost a loved one. Both my nans.
94. Had a baby. Four.
95. Seen the Alamo in person. I think so – again, when we lived in the States when I was little.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit.
98. Owned a cell phone.But I rarely answer it. It makes me nervous.
99. Been stung by a bee. Many times. I am highly allergic.