This is another winner from the all white all clean Bill Granger. It is wonderful as part of a breakfast/brunch affair. Divine with lime (or lemon for that matter) curd, on it’s own, buttered or done all fancy and dusted with icing sugar. According to Bill it’s Jamaican and can be served with a lime relish – or substitute lime marmalade.
From Sydney Food, Bill Granger
- 2 eggs
- 300ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2.5 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 150g shredded coconut
- 75g unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease and flour a 21x10cm loaf tin
- Whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla together
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl then add the sugar and coconut
- Gradually stir in the egg mixture until just combined, then add the butter – be careful not to overmix
- Pour into the tin and bake for 1 hour.