This was delicious in that the coffee gave it a nice depth. As she does in Nigella Express, I served it up to the boys with a brownie and ice cream. I would say this is second on my list of favourite chocolate sauces. The top of the list is her peanut butter fudge sauce, then this, then her peanut butter snickers sauce which just never seemed to go runny enough for me.
- 75ml dark chocolate, 75% cocoa solids
- 125ml double cream
- 2x15ml tbsp Camp Coffee or 2tsp of instant espresso powder dissolved in 2tbsp water
- 1x15ml tbsp golden syrup
- Put everything in a heavy based saucepan
- Place over gentle heat and let everything melt together
- Pour into a jug and pour over ice cream.