and at two weeks and two days, weighing in at 4880g (10pd8oz) the Grover is getting grooves:
Banana and raspberry bread*
1 cup caster sugar
4 ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup frozen raspberries
2 cups plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
– preheat oven to 180C (350F)
– grease and flour a 19x11cm loaf tin
– cream the butter and sugar together until pale
– add the eggs one at a time
– fold in the bananas, raspberries and vanilla
– add the dry ingredients and be careful not to over mix
– pour into tin and bake for 1hr 15min
* this is based on Bill Granger‘s Choc Banana Bread – simply replace the raspberries with chocolate. It is divine when served warm, straight from the oven when the chocolate is all oozy. I have a love hate thing with Bill Granger as his recipes and recipe books r.o.c.k. but his tv show shits me to tears. Everything.so.white.and.happy = makes.me.want.to.hurt.someone.
In other news, it’s been lactation central over here. Grover is a feeding machine and I’ve had a few nights in a row where he’s basically unsettled from 2am to, oh, n.i.n.e. Today it was 11. Then there was the whole 4-9pm rigmarole, when he just wanted something to suck. I fell for it a few times but then realised what was going on. Chef stepped up and got him through the last hour. He’s a sucky boy, just like Jasper was. The fist is getting closer to the mouth and I’ve seen him isolate his thumb a few times and even make do with a finger. The sooner he gets it worked out, the better.
The Early Childhood nurse visited yesterday and the boy has put on 570 grams (1pd3oz) in 10 days. This mama’s mammaries know their stuff.
Tomorrow is my official weekly rest day in that Jasper goes to daycare, so there will be a catch-up nap (or two).