the necessity (cleaning) has shifted to nesting. Tonight I dusted. Wet dusted even. The sideboard and the top of the piano and all the photo frames. All of them. They’re all back up, after I collapsed them all down into piles in the darkness of my last depression and the crap and dust and disorganisation was too much. That and I vacuumed, slightly rearranged the living room and have done three loads of washing.
You should see my cankles today!
What to do when it’s raining and cold? Make and bake.
4 egg yolks
200g caster sugar
grated rind of one lemon
juice from 10 passionfruit
pulp and juice from 1 passionfruit
– put the pulp of the 10 passionfruit into a sieve and push out the juice (I used a muddling stick and it worked a treat)
– melt the butter in a double saucepan
– mix the yolks, sugar, rind and juice together
– pour into the butter, add the last passionfruit (seeds and all) stir constantly for about 20 minutes or until thickened
– makes about 500ml.
3 cups SR flour
pinch of salt
1 cup milk
– rub the butter through the flour
– fold in the milk with a palate knife
– tip onto the kitchen bench and knead lightly and quickly for it to come together
– pat out to a 15cm disc
– back in a hot oven for 10 minutes, turn heat down to moderate and bake for a further 15-2o minutes
– serve with passionfruit butter or lashings of butter and golden syrup.
(that’s the passionfruit butter in the background)
Today I was over at Blackbird’s place and my curiosity finally got the better of me re the Rooster and Cockroll picture/link so I ended up at Schmutzie’s, which then lead me to Sweet | Salty and my heart has been breaking ever since.
Scenes from today
Out the kitchen window
The boy? Decided today was a day to eat. As opposed to most days when a couple of dry cruskits and bottles of milk cut it.
Granted, in this photo he doesn’t look that impressed with his raisins, but really, he ate. For dinner? T.h.r.e.e. serves of lasagne.