48 Things You Could NOT Care Less About
1. FIRST NAME?
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
It means leader, or ruler or some such. And in the early 70s, after having 8years of planning and thinking about it, that’s what Mum and Dad chose. I so wish they’d called me my middle name Elisabeth. As a young teenager I insisted the family call me Beth, but I kept forgetting to answer.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?
Yesterday, at an ad on television. But for real the night before when all that has been going on in my life and in my job simply overwhelmed me.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Very much so.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT?
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Yes. But I’d probably tire of the melodrama, depressive episodes, and intensity.
7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL?
This is it.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yep, nothing has been removed from this body. In fact it seems to like collecting rather than offloading.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CEREAL?
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Nope. And I don’t untie and retie when I’m putting them on either. Horrifying I know.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ICE CREAM FLAVOUR?
Rum and raisin. But I have to be in a very particular mood to eat and enjoy it. Otherwise it induces bulimia.
14. SHOE SIZE?
8 1/2 or a 39
5. RED OR PINK?
Red, but not an orange red. And very little pink, rarely.
16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
Oh my GOD, where to being. The skirt of fat around my middle, my droopy boobs, my bingo wings. Well actually, they are the three main causes of much self-esteen beration.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My friend Monique, who I had a falling out with about five years ago and it’s never really recovered. I miss her every single day.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU?
Not particularly. I hate that sort of thing.
19. WHAT COLOUR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Black Bonds trackie dacks, black long sleeve tee, green striped socks
20. LAST THING YOU ATE?
Honey soy chicken wings w/ rice and steamed broccoli and carrot
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
The tele – the boys have just finished watching Stuart Little
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOUR WOULD YOU BE?
Navy blue or a nice green.
23. FAVOURITE SMELL?
Gosh – onion and garlic frying, my tomatoes roasting in the oven, the smell of a christmas pudding on the boil, a cake in the oven, fresh warm bread…
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
Jen last night, who was furious at her husband and I had to virtually hang up on her as I was on the bus with Jasper and he was throwing things out of my bag onto the floor one item at a time.
25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO?
Their eyes. Then their shoes.
26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON YOU STOLE THIS FROM?
I have issues with the term ‘stole’ but Suse, she displays character traits I aspire to – and she lives in a setting where I want to live, but am too scared to – in terms of changing schools for Oscar, that’s really the only reason. And Chef’s job, we need to stay near Chef’s job.
27. FAVOURITE DRINK?
Tonic with a wedge of lime. A crisp sauvignon blanc. A cup of Irish Breakfast tea, made in a pot please.
28. FAVOURITE SPORT?
Anything endurance. That emotion and anticipation of the finishing line – I yearn for that sensation.
29. EYE COLOUR?
30. HAT SIZE?
I don’t do hats.
31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Nope, they made my eyes itchy. Glasses all the way.
32. FAVOURITE FOOD?
Sweet – apple crumble, lemon yoghurt cake
Fruit – mangoes, raspberries,
Vegetable – corn on the cob
Savoury – thai salads, rice paper rolls, anything with coriander, fish sauce, lime juice. And a good roast. Oh, and ribs.
Junk – Violet Crumbles, Doritos Nachos Cheese, Thins Original
33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
35. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Winter. All the way.
36. HUGS OR KISSES?
Depends entirely on my mood. But more often hugs than kisses.
37. FAVOURITE DESSERT?
Lemon delicious, apple crumble.
38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
Don’t really care. Probably no one.
39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING?
DOn’t get me started on the lack of reading material in my life at the moment. Cook books, magazines, kids books.
41. WHAT’S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV?
THe movie Bulworth.
43. FAVOURITE SOUNDS?
My children giggling. Stillness during the day. Rain falling. Beethoven.
44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES?
I don’t really care for either.
45. THE FURTHEST YOU’VE BEEN FROM HOME?
Is Florence or Paris further from Sydney?
46. WHAT’S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT?
THere are no special talents in this body. I’m just me.
47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Mater Hospital, St Leonards
48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?