OMG – Toby just TOTALLY kicked the collective arse of everyone else left in Rockstar.
I’m SO addicted to this show I will actually stay up to watch the repeat on the night that it’s been shown. By Monday I almost have the shakes in anticipation of the next week’s viewing.
Jon Stewart is such a h.o.t.t.i.e
We have thunder, lightening and rain at the moment. My favourite weather of all time.
The Family Guy is so lame it makes me laugh and laugh and laugh.
I’ve been on Zoloft for about two months and OH THE SANITY. The only downside has been the impact it’s had on my libido. Downside for who I hear you cry – EXACTLY! The irony of libido is, if you don’t have one, then you don’t actually miss it. Well, I don’t anyway. Is that just a female thing? I mean seriously, if you don’t feel like getting it on then are you really going to sit there and think gee I wish I felt like having sex? But apparently this was an issue. So as of Monday I’m taking Aurorix. Chef has nicknamed it my female viagra… except so far the side affects are so impressive (and deeply ironic) he still ain’t getting any.
– exactly 1hr15min after taking it the headache arrives
– immediately following this a vague nausea sensation arrives with a complete cessation of apetite (note: this is not something I necessarily view as bad as I’m as fat as ever)
– approximately 4hr after taking it the body feeling leaden feeling arrives
– about 6hr after taking it the manic/hyper sensations kick in
– about 14hrs after taking it the body crashes
I’m giving it a week.
The things we do for those we love…
I LOVE Arrested Development. WHY oh WHY are there not five hundred series of this on high repeat rotation!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
This is Felix’s favourite. It doesn’t really cut it for me, but apparently my bolognaise is fabulous…
2-4 onions, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
4-6 cloves garlic, smooshed
cup of red wine
500g beef mince
500g veal or pork mince
2tblsp tomato paste
800g chopped tomatoes
stock or water
flat leaf parsley and basil
– Heat a little oil in a big saucepan
– Add the onions and carrot and sweat off slowly. I’m talking 30 minutes at least. Add the garlic about half way through. Keep it quite wet, if it dries out add some water.
– Add the tomato paste and cook it out for a minute or so
– Add the wine and cook off the alcohol
– Add the mince, brown and break it up as you do so. I hate big chunks of mince, they make me gag.Cook off until the moisture that comes out of the mince evaporates.
– Add the sugo and tinned tomatoes and enough stock that it gets good boiling/simmering movement.
– Cook for about 2 hours
– Near the end of cooking I added a big handful of fresh herbs.
Because I make so much meat sauce in one hit, I normally freeze some and make a lasagne the next night with what’s left.
Use the bolognaise recipe above.
For the bechamel:
Melt two hefty tablespoons of butter
Add enough flour that it goes crumbly
Cook for a while until it gets a bit of colour
Add milk with a whisk to make a paste, then keep adding – for that amount of flour/water I use about a litre.
Bring to the boil but whisk fairly constantly.
Season with salt and pepper
Add a shitload of shredded parmesan (I used the crappy pre-shredded stuff)
Cook lasagne sheets. I don’t care what you say, the sheets you have to cook taste so much better in the end product. I use this awesome brand La Lavigna or something – its a red and white clear packet from Livoti’s, my Italian deli haven in Dee Why.
Layer as follows
sprinkle cheese over the top.
That’s right people – LOTS of layers. This is important. As important as a slow long cooked sauce.
Bake at 180C until cooked through.