This is probably my dessert standby most called upon. I think the crumble recipe is a Bill Grainger version but it may be a mix of Bill and someone else. Whoever it came from it is fail proof and delicious.
- 6-8 apples, peeled, cored and cut into wedges
- handful of sultanas (or berries of your choosing)
- 100g butter
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tblsp rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Place apples and sultanas in a baking dish
- Pour a smidge of water into the dish
- Mix the butter through the dry ingredients with your fingers until all incorporated
- Using your hands strew the crumble mix over the apples, clumping some of the mix more that the rest
- Cook in a 180C oven for 30mins or until the filling is bubbling around the sides, the apples are soft and the crumble topping nice and golden.
This is seriously one of my most favourite desserts in the universe.