1. We seem to have entered a new era – an era of children playing together. Outside. Of their own volition.
Or maybe it’s just a phase.
Either way I’m basking in it.
2. The AusBlogCon seems to have been the catalyst for me regaining some semblance of a social life. I have been out more times in the last month than probably in the last, oh, three years?
3. One of these outings was to the launch of the RIDICULOUSLY talented Sarah Fielke‘s latest book, Quilting: From Little Things. I have photos and even video of me discussing which quilt I will be attempting. Such audacity considering I still have two quilts unfinished since August last year.
4. Another such outing was with a long lost friend and a brand new one via Twitter. Good times.
5. Today involved a quick trip to Picton to see some of the grandparents. I made a range of Jewish treats for my stepmother who, along with her cousin who was up from Melbourne, swooned at treats they hadn’t eaten in decades. Nice.
There was another reason I went to Picton, to support my stepmother in having a Nutrimetics party (hosted by the cousin from Melbourne). Now, if you are anything like me then such ‘parties’ make your neck itch violently. But there I was. And there was some really cool eyeshadows and lovely foundation and well yeah, totally sucked in and now considering joining so I can get the 20 per cent off. What? Once a tightarse, always a tightarse.
6. Jasper’s new shoes for this winter are Converse high-top rip-offs which are pink, purple, turquoise and yellow and covered in sequins.
7. This morning the family was privileged to experience Jasper dancing nude to Rage for more than an hour. Why yes, visions of a future with many happy Mardi Gras marches did come charging to the top of my mind.
But in all seriousness, I am really ever so chuffed to have produced a child so confident in and of himself. I have absolutely no idea if he is/will be gay or not, but man I hope he never ever loses his absolute self-assuredness.
8. My beautiful MIL is facing some pretty serious health issues at the moment. I have been in baking overdrive and would appreciate those of you that do pray/clap hands/see unicorns to do as you see fit to ensure she comes through it all.
9. In May, there is the Disability and Carer’s Congress in Melbourne. The Project – Every Australian Counts – is running a competition to select two Social Media Champions from each state to attend the congress and report on the event. If you have already, thank you. If you haven’t, would you mind going here and putting a vote in for me (Kim, 38, NSW)
10. And finally (goodness I promise the appeals for votes will end soon) Sydney Writers Centre are hosting the Best Australian Blogs Competition 2011. As you can see in my sidebar (you can click on the image and it’ll take you directly there) I’m one of a clearly very select 500+ blogs up for the People’s Choice Award. Go on. You know you want to. Please? Just one little vote.