1. Last night we went to the Lord Mayor’s Picnic – an annual event for ‘children of disadvantage’ where there are events and then the chance to watch the 9pm family fireworks on Sydney Harbour from a premier location.
2. Those of you who follow me on Twitter already know I was being a snarky ungrateful wench bitching about the bogans and how the Lord Mayor’s Picnic was code for Festival of Queues.
3. Funnily enough I’ve bred a snarky ungrateful child in Felix who would have preferred to have been locked in a box than endure any of it.
4. The little boys and Oscar ADORED it – running from the various activities to announce they were ready to go home only to then run off and go mental for a bit longer.
5. The fireworks were lovely. As fireworks go.
6. I woke up today in a mood – probably due to being woken by Grover during the night and complying with his demands to sleep in his really crappy bed. That and the doonkdoonkdoonk music coming from next door until about 3.30am. They were still up at 4.30am chatting. I want me some of those drugs. NOT.
7. I realise this is making me old. That staying up all night is now the definition of hell to me, not one of F.U.N.!
8. This morning Jasper woke up wimpering. He came in claiming his tummy was SO EMPTY he felt sick. On the way to the kitchen we had a stop-off at the toilet for a spew. Excellent. Although, not unusual. If Jasper does get extremely hungry (and consuming a handful of chips and two Up&Gos the day before would do it – all while setting the alarms off in my brain with the ‘I’m just not really hungry’ line) he can resort to a spew, only to then eat breakfast and be tickety boo.
9. He happily ate two pieces of toast and a glass of water. Only to then vomit them over the edge of our bed, splattering all over the side of our new bed, the chest of drawers and Chef’s bedside table. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
10. Then proceeded about five hours of spewing. Poor little kid. Seriously, that kid does emancipated well.
11. I took myself back to bed once the spewing had abated. And slept. For FOUR hours.
12. When I woke up I started drinking champagne.
Finally, the proper way to start a new year.
*** UPDATED ***
13. When we were at QueueFest Mum rang me to inform me the guinea pigs had burrowed their way out of their cage and had escaped. I was unsure what I was meant to do about it but there you have it.
14. Two have been recaptured. One seems to be carving out quite a life for herself under the shed next door. until the ticks get her I guess.
15. On waking Chef informed me that my brother had rung. My niece has Impetigo (yeah, I dare you not to click on that link). My niece who has stayed here for about five out of the last eight days. My niece who we now discover has a HIGHLY contagious skin disease.
16. I guess it’s only fair – you know, we’ve shared the whoop, the nits, why not add a highly contagious rash to the picture. I mean. FOR FUCKS SAKE.