About five years ago it was all the rage to meme meme meme. I still don’t know what that means. Is it that it is all about me me? Or is it an abreviation for something so obvious I now look like a complete doofus? Ah well, nothing new there.
It has been a grim grim week here. The abrupt, shocking and heart-breaking passing of beautiful Lori‘s husband, the ongoing flood crisis in Queensland (a post on which I have started so many times but which is just so vast and overwhelming it seems trite no matter how I word it), the shooting in Arizona and on it goes.
So it seems a good time to take stock and remember the good stuff, the stuff that makes me happy.
From my beautiful Blackbird
10 things that make me happy
- Homemade granola with greek yoghurt for breakfast
- Homemade chai mix which I stir into my tea every morning
- Sodoku on my iPhone
- The cool breeze that blows through our bedroom window across our bed
- Grover saying, ‘what that (s)mell?’
- Baking pretty much anything but in particular my lemon slice and my new honey nut slice
- Hanging out with new friends (aka mothers of my children’s friends)
- In bed, the weight of one of my children lying along my back (as opposed to the doink of the bloody bed shark)
- That all my children know all the words to the entire Dixie Chicks Home CD.
What makes you happy?