OK, I made this for the first time yesterday and am about to go and make another batch. I’m going to put it in a bigger tin so it goes thinner because essentially this is like a florentine and well, me and florentines go way back.
I can’t remember where I got this recipe from – it’s one of those ripped out of something a lifetime ago so apologies to the originator but thanks as well. My life is so much better for having this recipe in it.
I hadn’t bought enough pistachios so I threw in some pecans. So good. So very very good.
Honey Nut Slice
- 250g butter
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup cream
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 300g flaked almonds
- 150g shelled unsalted pistachios
- 100g dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 200C and line the base and sides of 19x29cm tin then grease well
- Melt butter then add the sugar, honey, cream and brandy
- Bring to the boil then remove from the heat and add the nuts
- Spread in the tin and bake for 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown
- Remove from the oven and cool
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle over the top
- Refrigerate and then cut into bite size pieces – store in the fridge.