A few of us have a garlic dip obsession. Some of us have been on a quest to make their own that has frustratingly ended badly each and every time. Even with recipes from reputable restaurants. Then I saw this, or one of them saw it and thought it could be worth a go.
Chef still thinks it’d be better if you blanched the garlic before whizzing it – dancing morgan mouse suggested about 30 seconds in the microwave, what a clever idea is that! But I don’t care if I breath garlic fire, this is divine.
Serve it with kebabs
Smear it quite liberally over a pizza base, scatter over some cheese and voila, the best garlic pizza base ever
Add a teaspoon to some sour cream or guacamole to have with your queasadillas
Dudes, just make it.
Quick Garlic Dip
The Food Blog
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- A good pinch of salt
- 1 cup of iced water of which you will use around 2 tbsp
- Put the garlic cloves along with salt and 1/4 of the lemon juice in the blender
- Blend on medium and scrape the sides down then add the egg white and blend on medium
- Add half the oil in a steady stream. If the sauce looks like it has split, remove half the amount, add another egg white, whizz and re-pour what had already split
- Switch to a slow blend, and add the rest of the lemon juice in slowly then the oil
- Add 1 or 2 tbsp of water. You will see the consistency change into something wonderfully creamy and light.
Go and check out the original on The Food Blog for some gorgeous images.