Make this now.
Penne with four cheeses
The Australian Women’s Weekly, August 2010
- 500g penne
- 375ml pouring cream
- 200g grated parmesan
- 100g fontina*, cut into 1cm cubes
- 100g provelone, cut into 1cm cubes
- 100g gorgonzola, crumbled
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley**
- Preheat oven to 220C*** and cook the pasta until just al dente
- Heat the cream to boiling point (but do not boil)
- Take off the heat and stir in half the parmesan and all the other cheeses and stir until melted (I put it back over low heat to get it all sufficiently melted)
- Add some freshly ground black pepper and taste for whether it needs salt
- Combine the cheese sauce with the pasta then stir through the parsley and spinach
- Pour into a large baking dish and top with the remaining parmesan
- Bake for 15 minutes or until browned and crispy on top
- Serve immediately.
* If you can’t get fontina then substitute with gruyere, edam or emmental
** Totally forgot to add this
*** I only had the oven on 180C (because I never read recipes properly) and was really happy with how cooked it was. Just keep an eye on it as you don’t want it to dry out.