So I found this yesterday and told Chef that was going to be dinner. The end.
It is SO easy to make and man, is absolutely to die for. I used light sour cream so it is not even that bad for the waistline and I’ll tell you now, it is sensational on sandwiches with left over beef the next day.
I did a mini standing rib roast in the oven rather than individual chops in the frypan like Donna Hay suggests – it took about 25mins and was still nicely pink through the middle. Oh, and I doubled the sauce amount because I am quite partial to a condiment
Mustard cream sauce
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon (heaped) hot English mustard
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In the pan in which you’ve cooked your steak pour in the stock, wine and the mustard
- Cook for about a minute until reduced by half
- Stir through the sour cream
- Serve with steak and swoon at your leisure.