So in our house this is called Bec’s Rotary Cake because once you’re listing three ingredients in the name of a dish, why not personalise it.
I adore this cake. It takes carrot cake to a place where I actually like it. I added in half a cup of raisins because mmmm raisins.
Bec’s rotary cake
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarb
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 3/4 cup dessicated coconut
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease a 24cm round tin
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Make a well in the centre and add the eggs, oil and vanilla then mix well
- Fold through the carrots, walnuts, coconut, pineapple and raisins
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until pulling away from the edges of the tin and springs back at a gentle touch.