This was, by far, the most favourite thing the boys made. They loved making them and eating them. I’m seriously considering investing in more Chinese steamers to produce more than half a dozen at a time.
- 300g chicken mince
- 1 tbsp chopped green onions
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 24 gow gee wrappers
- sweet chilli sauce
- soy sauce
- Put the egg, chicken, green onions, garlic, egg and oyster sauce into a bowl and give a good stir to combine
- Put 2 teaspoons of the mixture in the middle of a gow gee wrapper
- Paint the edge of the wrapper with some water
- Fold the wrapper in half and press the edges together to seal
- Fold a piece of baking paper and cut holes along the folded edge, then line a bamboo steamer with the paper
- Place the steamer over a pan of boiling water, cover and steam the dumplings for about 4 minutes or until the dumplings are see through.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce and soy
Makes about 24.