Isn’t anything lemon poppy seed so 1990s!?
- 3tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 1/4 cups self-raising flour
- 2tblsp poppy seeds
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 60g butter, melted
- Preheat oven to moderately hot (200-210C) and line a 12-hole muffin pan
- Reserve 2 teaspoons of the lemon rind and 2 tablespoons of the sugar
- Mix the flour, seeds and sugar in a bowl
- Mix the remaining rind with juice, egg, milk and butter and fold lightly into the dry ingredients
- Sprinkle over the combined reserved rind and sugar
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Num num num