Rich, gooey chocolate pudding. Where can you go wrong. In her original recipe she includes white chocolate buttons in the recipe, but they just send it into sweetness overload. The family favourite over here is a few frozen raspberries in the bottom of each ramekin. No photo I’m afraid, there’s never time between their appearance out of the oven and being eaten.
- 125g unsalted butter
- 125g dark chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 tblsp plain flour
- raspberries or 100g white chocolate buttons
- Place a baking tray in the oven and preheat oven to 200C and butter four 150ml ramekins
- Melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler, cool slightly
- In a bowl mix the eggs with the sugar and flour then beat in the cooled butter chocolate mixture
- Divide the raspberries (or white chocolate) between the four ramekins and top with the batter
- Bake for about 20 minutes – the tops will be all cracked and cooked while underneath is all gooey and unctuous.
- Eat H.O.T.
(BTW – I made pasties for dinner, but did my own thing and want my Ode to Nigella to stay a pure ode rather than a nod.)