this came into my head some weeks ago and has been sitting as a draft post for weeks. It came about when I was thinking, “that’s the first time I…” (the first of which I now can’t recall. Thank you FnF*.)
- First kiss: Street party, w/ family friend of some neighbours, 16 years old
- First grope: Country Party, in a paddock w/ a guy who gave me his cousin’s name as his own, on my 18th birthday.
- First time: w/ first boyfriend who was 9 years older, 18 years old (as in I was…not him you filthy minded perverts)
- First cigarette: one of H’s Gudang Garangs during schoolies week, just shy of 18
- First joint: 19… I think, but it could have been late 18, 18 was a big catch-up year from being the good Christian girl through school
- First pregnancy: 1997-1998 (2nd 99-2000; 3rd 05; 4th 06-07)
- First job: Kmart check-out chick (although I started in women’s wear)
- First (and only) time head-hunted for a job: 1996
- First oyster: 1981 or maybe 82
- First move out of home: 1992 – to uni; 1995 – with Chef
- First repeat dream: c1979 – my family were all different sized squash balls (Dad the biggest, in decreasing size to me) and Dad always yelled at us because we could never bounce high enough
- First depressive episode: vague recollections of feeling alone, ‘sad’, inadequate and ‘different’ in Year 2, 1980
- First bullimic episode: 15yrs old, Year 8, 1986 – while on the Scarsdale Diet, the main reason I still can not stomach tinned salmon. (haha! geddit, can’t stomach it. God I crack myself up sometimes)
- First cake baked: – Year 4 I think, c1982. It was either a White Wings sultana bar cake or its cinnamon tea cake.
So what are your firsts that come to your mind instantly?