You see that title – that would normally make me gag. But one of the crew at work bought her leftovers in for lunch last week and I basically craved it until I made it.
- 500g large penne
- large nob of butter
- 1-2 tbsp plain flour
- 3-4 cups milk (or 1/2 milk and 1/2 water from the pasta (I only did this because I didn’t have much milk left and it made me feel good it was kinda lowfat)
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 zucchini, diced
- a few button mushrooms, diced
- 1/4-1/2 green capsicum, diced
- 1x376g tin of tuna, drained
- cook the pasta
- melt the butter in a saucepan, add the flour and cook off.
- Stir in the milk gradually and then the water until thick but not too gluggy – it should be runnier than you would make for say lasagne. (this time around I added some pesto – you know, to be a bit fancy)
- Saute the onion and carrot in a little olive oil thenÂ add the garlic,Â zucchini, mushroom and capsicum – cook for a couple of minutes (corn kernels would also be good here) <- you could also just blanche these to reduce fat content
- Â Break up the tuna and gently stir through the white sauce
- Combine the tuna sauce with the pasta,Â grate some fresh parmesan over the top and eat.
Seriously people, it was SO good.