Can anyone else believe tic-tac teeth won?
4 cups plain flour
1/2 cup icing sugar
1/2 cup cream
– process flour, sugar and butter
– add enough cream to make the dough come together
– flatten into a disc and refridgerate.
(I’m known to roll out at this stage, line the pie dish and then pop in the freezer for 30 minutes. I pull it out just before I need it, bring it slightly to room temperature then blind bake for 15minutes)
– this is enough for 2-3 tarts, or one pie.
1 tbsp cornflour
265g caster sugar
2 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla essence
– mix cornflour and sugar together, add cream
– in a seperate bowl mix the eggs then add to the cream mixture with the vanilla
– Preheat oven to 180C fan-forced oven
– Line pastry in a 30cm pie dish
– blind bake for 15-20 minutes
– pour filling into shell, sprinkle wiht nutmeg and bake for 40-50 minutes or until set.
Use the shortcrust pastry detailed above and follow through to the blind baking stage
1/2 stick of butter (2oz)
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 cup maple syrup
6oz pecans, chopped
– melt the butter
– stir in the sugar then beat in the eggs
– mix in the maple syrup then stir over a double boiler until the mixture is nice and glossy
– stir in the pecans
– pour into the pie shell and bake at 160C until just firm in the centre.
(Credits: Joke for pie filling)
Photos will follow, when I get my camera back from leaving it at the Doodles.
- Rhyme ::and reason
- Substantial ::doubt
- Instant ::gratification
- Greed ::is good
- Brad ::is gorgeous
- Season ::of sillyness
- Accomplished ::performer
- Invite ::reject
- Sparkle ::in the eye
- Rainbow ::warrior
You can play too