Well this week has been a ride.
I went for the job I’ve been acting in for the last 7 weeks.
I got down to the final three. I had a second interview. It was between me and someone else.
I didn’t get it.
I could go in to quite a wallow here. You’d all write lovely things and eventually I will get over feeling like a complete and utter loser. Instead, I have decided to share one of my favourites, because happiness is baking.
Bread and butter pudding
- 10 slices of bread, buttered and cut into triangles – it is divine with left-over/stale croissant (just cut them in half across ways)
- handful of sultanas – optional (rather lovely if you’ve soaked them in some grand marnier or liqueur before hand)
- 500ml milk (or cream, it is rather lovely made with cream)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 60g caster sugar
- brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C and butter a baking dish
- Layer the bread in a dish and scatter over the sultanas
- Mix the milk, eggs, vanilla and caster sugar together thenÂ pour over the bread
- Let sit for 10 minutes thenÂ scatter over some brown sugar, pop in the oven and back for 45 minutes.
Serve with cream, custard, ice cream or all three.