It’s rare for me to have an enjoyable weekend. I’ve belly-ached about this many times before.
But at the moment, I’m racking up about three weekends in a row that have been absolutely delightful. Go figure.
This weekend I baked a cake, one of my favourites.
Lemon Yoghurt Cake
220g butter – melted and cooled
1 1/2 cups caster sugar
1 cup natural yoghurt
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 1/2 tblsp finely grated lemon rind
2 1/2 cups plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
– Preheat oven to 160C
– Whisk butter and sugar together
– Add eggs, one at a time
– Fold through yoghurt, rind and juice
– Sift in flour and baking powder
– Spoon into a greased and lined 10x20cm loaf tin
– Bake for 1hr15mins
– When cooled, ice with the following glaze
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
1 1/2 tblsp lemon juice
1 tblsp water
– Stir together until cooled
– Spoon over cake