My very own meme
In 10 years:
- I have gotten married and bred three children
- I have had probably four significant bouts of depression (and innumerable little ones)
- Taken anti-depressants for the first time
- Found a job that I really love
- Learnt to be a lot kinder to myself
- Witnessed a Government make our country debt-free at the expense of it’s very cultural identity. At the expense of widening the gap between the haves and the have-nots. At the expense of creating welfare for the wealthy while forcing the most needy in the community to work for a pittance. Overhauled an industrial relations system that needed to be overhauled, but instead of being brave about it has systematically created a mean system that will enshrine a working poor sub-class of our society. Turned Australians from a mindset of “no-one gets left behind” to “what about me? It’s all about me”. (that’s cheating I know but I had to get that out. Sorry.)
- I will have an 18 year old, 16 year old, 10 year old and maybe one more?
- I will hopefully be in a senior management/policy/strategic role (for a government agency?) making a difference. Or working with Chef.
- I will have published two books – a cookbook and a novel.
- We will be living in a place of our own.