- There are newborns on the breeze
- There are uterine twinges
- The husband is very, very nervous
- Kim dared me to do it, and
- There is the clear and present knowledge that a fourth child would be INSANE…
I found myself going through the following thought process and feeling like I didn’t know whether I was Abbott or Costello (quick re-cap for those who need it, ‘Who’s on first?’ ‘What?’ ‘No, Watt’s on second, who’s on first?’…and so on):
Before I had one, I wanted four.
Then I had one and I knew I only wanted one.
Then my one turned three, and I knew I wanted two.
Then, instead of having one more we had two, so…
… instead of having two we had three. And.
Now I have three, and I kinda think I want four.
This is so wrong. So wrong, wrong, wrong. No, no, no. No. NO.
Aren’t you glad you shared that with me?
mtc (writing, that is, not babies)
PS- Kim, I double dare you to have four. By then I might finally have worked out who’s on first!